Friday, February 12, 2010

Sleep positioner

For the past 8 weeks, Madison has been sleeping in the small bassinet that is attached to the top part of the pack-n-play. It's been making me nervous that she is going to roll out of it. I'm not even sure if it's possible because it's shaped like a hammock. We've had her swaddled tightly and when she wakes up she doesn't even look like she's moved. However, being a new over protective mom, I decided to put her in the lower part of the pack-n-play and in between the sleep positioner to help the transition. I thought this might help her feel cozy and safe. Boy, was I wrong!! Both times when I woke up to feed her she had managed to shimmy her way to the bottom of it. I really don't think she liked it! Finally, at 6 this morning I took it away! She went right back to sleep and looked much more comfy. She now has room to stretch out and move a little. I guess in 8 more weeks, I'll try moving her into her crib!! HAHA! I'm just not ready to have her across the house yet. I really like having her just outside our bedroom in the dining room. (maybe I'm just too lazy to walk across the house for the nightly feedings!) This is how she slept the first 8 weeks!Here's how she started last night. Here's how I found her the 1st time.

After the first time, I tried moving it lower so she wouldn't have room to move down but somehow she managed to still get halfway down.

Doesn't she look cozy? Now she has all the room she wants! I guess this will be her new way of sleeping ! :)

No comments: