Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Kristi and I

So, my best friend Kristi and I decided about 5 years ago that we would wait till we were 28 and try and get pregnant together. Well, this past December we decided as soon as our annual ski trip in February was over we were going to both start trying. We were determined to be pregnant together! I remember Monday, February 23rd when my phone rang and Kristi was freaking out. She had taken a home pregnancy test and it showed positive. I was so excited for her! The next afternoon, I drove over to her house to see the tests! Sure enough, she was pregnant! I told myself not to stress out and that it would happen for John and I when it was suppose to. On Friday, March 13th Kristi had her first appointment. I was in Louisiana at the time. As soon as she got out she called me! I could barely understand her. She was in shock! She had just found out she was having TWINS!!! She had always thought it might happen to hear because she had twins in her family. Well, the next couple months passed and she keep asking if it had happened to me. I think she was starting to feel alone and overwhelmed. Luckily, another one of our friends found out she was pregnant so Kristi now felt she had someone to talk to. When the time finally came to tell her, she was so excited!! Our plan worked and we are only 7 weeks apart. Kristi's due date is set for November 1st! This is going to be such an exciting journey because I have someone to talk to about all the changes and emotions that I'm going through. She will completely understand! We are truly blessed that it was so easy for both of us!

The 4 of us back in February before we became "parents-to-be!"

No comments: