Saturday, May 30, 2009

Breaking the news to my parents!

Well, the day has finally come to tell my parents. Unfortunately, John and I weren't able to tell them Tuesday after the appointment because he had an early flight back to Louisiana. I had told my mom John and I were going to stop by on the way home from the airport Friday to bring her Mother's Day gift. My grandmother passed away Mother's Day weekend, so we really didn't get a chance to celebrate as a family. Of course, John got to the airport Friday afternoon to find his plane was delayed 2 hours!!! Luckily, there was an earlier flight he was able to hop on so he only ended up being 30 minutes late. I was so impatient by the time he landed. When we got to my parents house, I was so excited! Immediately, I handed my mom her gift. Before she opened it, she asked John if he picked it out. It was too funny! His response was, "well, actually I did help with this gift." When my mom opened the gift she quickly looked at me and said, "is this serious?" "Are you pregnant?" John and I had bought a frame that said, "Baby to Bee" and put an ultrasound picture in it. I started screaming and jumping up and down. Let's just say my mom was shocked. I think she thought I'd tell her the day I took a home pregnancy test and not do it in a special way. I remember immediately looking at my dad and seeing a huge smile on his face. He actually said that the thought crossed his mind that we may be coming over to tell him I was pregnant. It wasn't normal for us to stop by at 8:30 on the way home from the airport on a Friday night. Well, my dad proceeded to open a bottle of wine to celebrate which my parents and John drank in an hour. John and I shared all the stories of how things had happened and our reason for waiting to break the news! It was such a great night. As soon as we got in the car John said, "man, that was fun! We should get pregnant more often!"

No comments: